Agenda for Tuesday 2nd May 2017
- 1. Nomination and Election of Town Mayor, Councillor J Patten, for 2017/18 and Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Councillor Patten will be invested with his chain of office by the retiring Mayor, Councillor T Young.
Councillor Patten will make and sign the declaration of acceptance of office and take the chair.
The Mayor will address the Council and indicate his charities for 2017/18.
2. Apologies for Absence
3. Minutes of the Last Meeting – Held on 4 April 2017 (previously circulated). To be signed as a correct record.
4. Declarations of Interest – Members of the Town Council are requested to indicate at this stage in the proceedings any items on the agenda in which they intend to declare an interest. Members are also reminded that, in accordance with the Local Government Act 2000 and the Council’s Code of Conduct, they must declare the nature of any personal interest and, if the interest is prejudicial, withdraw from the meeting during the consideration of the item.
5. Vote of Thanks to the Retiring Mayor, Councillor T Young- A vote of thanks will be given to the Retiring Mayor, who will respond.
6. Presentation of Insignia to the Retiring Mayor
7. Nomination and Election of Deputy Town Mayor for 2017/18 – The new Deputy Town Mayor will be presented with his chain of office by the Mayor.
The Deputy Town Mayor will address the Council.
8. Appointment of Committees and Representatives on Outside Bodies for 2017/18 – A Report will be presented.
9. Town Manager’s Report – Click here for report
10 Questions to the Police – The Council meeting will constitute the Police and Communities Together (PACT) meeting and the police will be present to respond to questions.
11. Questions from Members of the Public (Non-Police Issues) – Members of the public are invited to raise any issues of local concern.
12. Development Control – Plans List – The Council is asked if it has any comments on the list of planning applications provided by the Borough Council.
13. Minutes of Committee Meetings – The Council is asked to approve the minutes of the following committee meetings (previously circulated):
Events Committee – Monday 24 April 2017
Cemetery Committee – Monday 24 April 2017
Strategy and Finance Committee – Monday 24 April 2017
Community Centre Management Committee – Not Applicable
Environment Committee – Not Applicable
Planning Committee – Not Applicable
14. Date of Forthcoming Committee Meetings – The Council is asked to approve the dates of the forthcoming committee meetings:
Cemetery Committee – Monday 22 May 2017
Community Centre Management Committee – Monday 22 May 2017
Environment Committee – Monday 22 May 2017
Events Committee – Monday 22 May 2017
Planning Committee – Monday 22 May 2017
Strategy and Finance Committee – Monday 22 May 2017
15. Delegates’ Reports – To receive any reports from delegates.
16. Accounts for Payment – April 2017 – The Town Manager will report.
17. Hill Road Cemetery – April 2017
a) Details of Burials
- b) Deeds of Grant of Exclusive Right of Burial – The Town Manager will report.
THE NEXT COUNCIL MEETING WILL BE HELD AT 7.00PM ON TUESDAY 6th JUNE 2017 AT THE PENWORTHAM COMMUNITY CENTRE