Agenda for Tuesday 14 May 2019
- 1.Nomination and Election of Town Mayor, Councillor G Crewe for 2019/20 and Declaration of Acceptance of Office
The Mayor will address the Council and indicate his charities for 2019/20.
2.Apologies for Absence
3.Declarations of Interest Members of the Town Council are requested to indicate at this stage in the proceedings any items on the agenda in which they intend to declare an interest. Members are also reminded that, in accordance with the Local Government Act 2000 and the Council’s Code of Conduct, they must declare the nature of any personal interest and, if the interest is prejudicial, withdraw from the meeting during the consideration of the item.
4.Vote of Thanks to past Councillors no longer members of the Town Council – The Council may wish to convey its best wishes to those members who have not been elected, stood down or recently deceased.
5.Vote of Thanks to the Retiring Mayor, Councillor K Martin
6.Presentation of Insignia to the Retiring Mayor
7.Nomination and Election of Deputy Town Mayor for 2019/20 The new Deputy Town Mayor will be presented with his chain of office by the Mayor.
8.Minutes of the Last Meeting Held on 2 April 2019 (previously circulated). To be signed as a correct record.
9.Composition of the Town Council – Following the election on 2 May a list of Town Councillors can be downloaded here.
10. Appointment of Committees and Representatives on Outside Bodies for 2019/20 – A Report will be presented.
11. Town Manager’s Report Click here to download the Report.
12. Questions to the Police – The Council meeting will constitute the Police and Communities Together (PACT) meeting and the police will be present to respond to questions.
13. Questions from Members of the Public (non-police issues) – Members of the public are invited to raise any issues of local concern.
14. Development Control – Plans List – The Council is asked if it has any comments on the list of planning applications provided by the Borough Council.
15. Date of Forthcoming Committee Meetings – The Council is asked to approve the dates of the forthcoming meetings:
Cemetery Committee – Monday 20 May, 2019
Community Centre Management Committee – Monday 20 May, 2019
Environment Committee – Monday 20 May, 2019
Events Committee – Monday 20 May, 2019
Planning Committee – Monday 20 May, 2019
Strategy and Finance Committee – Monday 20 May, 2019
16. Minutes of Committee Meetings: –The Council is asked to approve the minutes of the following committee meeting (previously circulated):
Events Committee – Monday 29 April, 2019
Strategy and Finance Committee – Monday 29 April, 2019
Cemetery Committee – Not Applicable
Community Centre Management Committee – Not Applicable
Environment Committee – Not Applicable
Planning Committee – Not Applicable
17. Delegates’ Reports – To receive any reports from delegates.
18. Accounts for Payment – April 2019 – The Town Manager will report.
19 .Hill Road Cemetery – April 2019
a) Details of Burials
- b) Deeds of Grant of Exclusive Right of Burial
The Town Manager will report.
Click here to download the agenda
The minutes of this meeting and the next agenda will be available on the internet at www.penworthamtowncouncil.gov.uk
THE NEXT COUNCIL MEETING WILL BE HELD AT 7.00PM ON TUESDAY 14 MAY 2019 AT PENWORTHAM COMMUNITY CENTRE.